Black Magic Code

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

How about C...

Recently I started studying the deep stuff in C++ with things like meta template programming(MTP) and so on. But also realized the problem with the cool stuff. In my previous post I described programmers that are not proficient enough with C++ and why I'd like to see them move on to the managed land. You should not use MTP in environments where people are not ready to learn it. Because you may not be around until End of Life of that particular code to maintain it. I only know a few people that I would dare get near such code unless it was really carefully crafted.

Maybe we should go back to C instead. Don't get me wrong, C++ is extremly powerful and versatile programming language but maybe it has too much power. C has a less features but it has plenty of power. Less features means less worry about something biting your fellow programmers in the *ss.

Maybe someone says: "This is 2006 and C is very old!"... Yes it is 2006 and C is old, but what is wrong with that? I'll tell you whats wrong with that! Nothing... There is no expiry date on programming languages. It is fairly portable and has a stable standard and has plenty of power.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home