Black Magic Code

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Fun fact: You are responsible for what your IP-address does.

If you live in a western democracy, you are responsible on what your IP-address does on the Internet. This because of all the law enforcement and Intellectual Property enforcement. I don't like being responsible for my IP-address. Because I can't possibly know what is done on it at all times. It is millions lines of code that drives that IP-address. Even if all those lines that does stuff on the Internet was accessible to me(which they aren't) I would not be able to read through it and comprehend it. I'm a programmer at my day job, I can understand code. I can read code. But it is too much to understand if I try to comb through every line of code that could touch my IP-address. Think about it... you are responsible for what your computer(s) does on the Internet. Do you really understand at all times what happens under the hood?

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home